RESILIENT CITY: Physical, Social, and Economic Perspectives
March 2-5, 2022 I MIAMI I Hosted by Florida International University
Conference Co-Chairs: Marilys Nepomechie and Shahin Vassigh
Masks Required FIU School of Architecture Courtyard
We are all hungry to gather and share ideas and connect with colleagues and friends. Engagement has always been central to the quality and vitality of ARCC and EAAE conferences. In that spirit, ARCC-EAAE 2022 is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all attendees. To ensure the safest event possible, ARCC-EAAE 2022 is requesting all attendees provide “proof of vaccination and booster shot, if eligible”.
ARCC-EAAE 2022 has been deliberately planned during FIU’s spring break, when the campus population diminishes significantly. Many conference activities will take place outdoors. Paper sessions will adhere to social distancing guidelines. While every measure will be taken to reduce the potential spread of Covid-19, the responsibility for a safe and healthy event environment is shared among all conference participants. To this end, all attendees are strongly encouraged to implement CDC recommendations (click here).
> TO ASSIST WITH CONFERENCE SAFETY
– Disposable masks and disinfecting wipes will be available at the registration desk
– Hand sanitizer will be positioned throughout the conference
– Seating within session rooms will afford distancing from other attendees
– Catering staff will follow local and state guidelines surrounding food and beverage distribution
– Venue staff will disinfect conference spaces with increased frequency throughout the day
– Meals and receptions will take place outdoors
> ALL ATTENDEES ARE ASKED TO
– Wear a face mask indoors at all times (N95 or KN95) and outdoors when social distancing is not possible
– Regularly wash and/or sanitize hands throughout the day
– Observe social distancing guidelines
> MIAMI-DADE COUNTY
In Miami-Dade County, 88.2% of people 5 yrs of age and older are fully vaccinated (covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker). The rate is 95% for those 18 yrs of age and older. For state-wide public health information, please refer to the Florida Department of Health (click here).
All attendees agree to adhere to the precautions contained herein and acknowledge and understand that you are knowingly and freely assuming all risks related to potential illness and infectious disease, such as COVID-19. Further, attendees understand that refusal to adhere to safety protocols and recommendations as outlined may result in cancellation of participation and registration without a refund. Our goal is to establish a healthy and safe conference experience for everyone.
Conference attendees should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are asked to contact ARCC if they experience symptoms within 10 days after participating in the conference. Proof of vaccination and any private health-related communications will be treated confidentially.