Nominations Due: November 1, 2021
The ARCC Book Award recognizes distinguished works of architectural research completed by a scholar at an ARCC member institution. This award recognizes a book published within the past three years (2018-present) that makes a significant contribution to architectural research by demonstrating rigorous or innovative use of evidence or methods. Books may be on any topic in architecture or related fields.
ARCC defines ‘architectural research’ broadly and inclusively across a range of domains in support of advancing knowledge of the built environment.
One nomination per year is invited from each ARCC member institution. Criteria for selection of nominee will be at the discretion of the member school. Nominees must hold a full-time faculty appointment at the nominating institution. A selection committee and the ARCC Board of Directors will render final decision on the conferral of the award.
Information included in the Nomination submission for the ARCC Book Award:
- Date submitted:
- Nominee contact information: name, professorial rank, phone, e-mail
- Book citation: author, title, publisher and date of publication
- Book abstract or introduction: summary description of the purpose, scope and goals of the book
- Nominator contact information:name, title, phone, email
- Nomination letter:original on official letterhead from Dean or Department Head of the nominee’s institution (1 page max.)
- Two letters of support: from colleagues who are subject matter experts (1 page max. each)
- A statement describing the books contribution and impact: significance of the research, including innovative use of evidence and methodological approach, citation counts, scholarly review, library holdings (1000 words maximum)
- Book review: a PDF or eBook copy of the book will be requested from short-listed applicants.
- Confirmation of good standing of ARCC institution membership: to be verified by the ARCC Treasurer prior to consideration.
Send electronic submission to Awards Committee Chair, Professor Ming Hu by November 1, 2021 in electronic form using “.pdf” file format.