Nominations Due: November 1, 2021
The Architectural Research Centers Consortium (ARCC) New Researcher Award celebrates the activities, accomplishments and promise of scholars in the early stages of their research careers. ARCC is fundamentally concerned with promoting excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavor in architecture and related disciplines. The ARCC New Researcher Award is intended to acknowledge and reward emerging figures in architectural and environmental design research that demonstrate innovation in thinking, dedication in scholarship, contributions to the academy, and leadership within architectural and environmental design research.
ARCC defines ‘architectural research’ broadly and inclusively across a range of domains in support of advancing knowledge of the built environment.
One nomination per year is invited from each ARCC member institution. Criteria for selection of nominees will be at the discretion of the member school. All nominees must be in a full-time tenure-track position, have clearly demonstrated outstanding performance in their scholarship, and hold rich promise for future contributions to architectural and environmental design research. The ARCC Board of Directors will render final decisions on the conferral of these awards.
The recipient of the New Researcher Award receives up to $1500 reimbursement to present their research at an ARCC Conference.
Nomination Form for the ARCC New Researcher Award:
- Date submitted:
- Nominee Contact Information: name, professorial rank, phone, e-mail
- Description of research/scholarship/creative endeavor: for which the nomination is made must include project title(s), type of research, statement of methodology, significance of research and how it expands the body of knowledge in architectural and environmental design research (1000 words maximum).
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae: with focus upon research, scholarship, creative endeavor
- Nominator Contact Information: name, title, phone, email
- Nomination Letter: original on official letterhead from Dean or Department Head of the nominee’s institution (including confirmation of current tenuretrack status as of the nomination deadline)
- Two Letters of Support: from colleagues at ARCC member institutions (focused upon candidate accomplishments and significance of research project)
- Confirmation of good standing of ARCC Institution membership: to be verified by the ARCC Treasurer prior to consideration.
Send electronic submission to Awards Committee Chair, Professor Ming Hu by November 1, 2021 in electronic form using “.pdf” file format.
Tsz Yan Ng, University of Michigan
Jacob Mans, University of Minnesota
Ahmed K. Ali, Texas A&M University
Kyle Konis, University of Southern California
Traci Rose Rider, North Carolina State University
Joon-Ho Choi, University of Southern California
Kapila Silva, University of Kansas
Rima Al-Ajlouni, Texas Tech University
Zhongjie Lin, University of North Carolina Charlotte
Ryan Smith, University of Utah
Michelangelo Sabatino, University of Houston
Mark Gillem, University of Oregon
Lynne Dearborn, Univ. of Illinois