John W. Olver Design Building, University of Massachusetts Amherst
The Department of Architecture at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor to teach undergraduate and graduate architecture design studios, and related coursework. The position will begin September 1, 2022.
Successful candidates will be engaged in a creative practice of architecture and will have a strong interest in teaching design studios, and expertise in one or a combination of the following topic areas: building science, environmental science, building technology, high-performance design, and/or fabrication. We welcome candidates who have gained and deployed building technology expertise in varied contexts and have explored their expertise through a design practice. The candidate will teach two courses per semester – generally an architectural design studio and a required or elective course. Candidates will be expected to continue an active practice of creative and scholarly work within the discipline.
- A professional degree in Architecture (Master of Architecture or equivalent), or a Bachelor of Architecture plus a terminal graduate degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated evidence of design excellence.
- Expertise in one or a combination of the following topic areas: building science, building technology, high-performance design, and/or fabrication.
- Engagement in the practice of architecture.
- Architecture license (or foreign equivalent) or significant progress towards licensure by the time of appointment.
- A demonstrated ability to teach design studios and related coursework in a professional degree program.
For more info, click here.
> BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
The Building and Construction Technology (BCT) program in the Department of Environmental Conservation at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position in the area of Advanced Building Technologies. This is an academic year appointment at the level of Assistant Professor.
We seek candidates with potential to achieve excellence in research and teaching in the areas of building technologies and building material systems with emphasis on innovation and sustainability to improve the way future generations build. The ideal applicants are interdisciplinary scholars with an understanding and interest in the responsible integration of built and natural environments. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic instructor who applies rigorous research approaches and active learning strategies that enable students to analyze and solve complex problems in a global context. Creativity and a team player attitude are highly valued. Candidates with backgrounds and research experience in any of the following (or related) areas are encouraged to apply:
- Offsite construction and prefabricated systems
- Industrialized construction and robotics
- Holistic, integrated, systems-based building design and construction
- BIM and big data in construction
- Additive manufacturing and generative design
- Drones, photogrammetry, VR/AR
For more info, click here.