Nominations Due: October 23, 2023
The ARCC Best Journal Article Award recognizes distinguished works of architectural research published as a peer-reviewed journal article by a faculty at an ARCC member institution. This award recognizes a journal article published within the past three years (2019-present) that makes a significant contribution to architectural research by demonstrating rigorous or innovative use of evidence or methods. Journal articles may be on any topic in architecture or related fields.
ARCC defines ‘architectural research’ broadly and inclusively across a range of domains in support of advancing knowledge of the built environment.
One nomination per year is invited from each ARCC member institution. Criteria for selection of nominee will be at the discretion of the member school. Nominees must hold a full-time faculty appointment at the nominating institution. A selection committee and the ARCC Board of Directors will render final decision on the conferral of the award.
Information included in the Nomination submission for the ARCC Best Journal Article Award:
- Date submitted:
- Nominee contact information: name, professorial rank, phone, e-mail
- Journal article citation: author, title, journal name, and date of publication
- Journal article: a PDF copy of the journal article
- Nominator contact information: name, title, phone, email
- Nomination letter: original on official letterhead from Dean or Department Head of the nominee’s institution (1 page max.)
- Two letters of support: from colleagues who are subject matter experts (1 page max. each)
- A statement describing the article’s contribution and impact: significance of the research, including innovative use of evidence, methodological approach, and potential impact (1000 words maximum)
- Confirmation of good standing of ARCC institution membership: to be verified by the ARCC Treasurer prior to consideration.
Send electronic submission to Awards Committee Chair, Professor Ihab Elzeyadi by October 23, 2023 in electronic form using “.pdf” file format.