ARCC Board Retreat, Philadelphia
Approved by ARCC board on February 13, 2018
Board Member Eligibility Criteria:
– Must be an active faculty member in a member institution,
– Should have current or previous research agenda/activity in architecture or any of the related design disciplines
Board Member Responsibilities:
– Attend monthly conference calls (at least 8 out of 11),
– Attend ARCC annual conference (ARCC will reimburse registration, travel and roam & board expenses up to the amount budgeted by the board),
– Actively engage in ARCC email communications and discussions,
– Assume at least one of the roles described below.
– Serve as the ARCC representative in their member institutions.
– Advocate for ARCC in other organizations they participate in.
Board Member Roles
– Awards Coordinator: Responsible for the management of ARCC awards including developing guidelines, soliciting applications, managing the review process, communicating with awardees, and coordinating their presentations in the annual conference.
– Communications Coordinator: Responsible for ARCC communications activities including mail lists, social media and others. Works with Enquiry Editor to develop and implement communication activities for Enquiry.
– Conference Technical Committee Chair: Responsible for managing the review process for abstracts and papers for the ARCC conference. Solicits reviewers and manages review process. Works with conference organizing committee to make acceptance decisions.
– Conference Coordinator: Responsible for coordinating conference logistics, coordinating with local hosts, serve as PoC for conference attendees, coordinate keynote speakers, supervise the production of conference proceedings.
– Membership Development Coordinator: Responsible for reaching out to potential members in North America, identifying contacts for potential international members, working with communication coordinator to develop member recruitment material.
Board Election Process
– Solicitation of Nomination: Past President will solicit nominations from all member institutions through email and other communication channels no later than March of every year. Each nominee will be asked to write a maximum one‐page statement describing reasons for seeking ARCC board membership and vision for the organization,
– Dissemination of Statements: Statements will be distributed to member institutions and made available on ARCC website.
– Elections: Elections will be held in the annual ARCC meeting. Membership period will start on October 1 of the same year.