The Call for Submissions for AIA’s Upjohn Research Grant Initiative is open! Deadline: September 1, 2022
The Upjohn program funds up to six research grants of $15,000-$30,000 per recipient annually for projects completed in a 6- to 18-month period. Research should be relevant and applicable to practicing architects. Upjohn research grant funding will be allocated to projects related to the priorities outlined in AIA’s Climate Action Plan and AIA’s Strategic Plan.
Research projects must address one or more of these areas:
• business case for adaptive/zero-carbon design
• best practices/assessment of climate projects at a community scale
• metrics for equitable, healthy, resilient communities
• effective/successful strategies and/or policies yielding equitable, healthy, resilient communities
• low-carbon materials
• life-cycle analysis
• retrofitting existing structures
• managed retreat
• circular building economy (e.g., materials market)
• temporary and transitional housing models
Submit proposals here by September 1, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org