Gallery of Universidad Politecnica de Valencia Expansion by Correll Monfort Palacios Arquitectos
Conference Theme: “CHANGING PRIORITIES”
***Abstracts between 150-300 words (in English) due April 4, 2022***
The Higher Technical School of Architecture of the Polytechnic University of Valencia (Spain) presents the third edition of the Valencia International Biennial of Research in Architecture, 3rd VIBRArch, November 9-11, 2022.
3rd VIBRArch is scheduled in a face-to-face mode. However, one of the rooms during the parallel sessions of papers presentation will be virtual and plenary sessions will be streamed for those who wish to attend online. Registration fees are exactly the same for “face-to-face” and “online” attendees. Thus, the attendance mode may be confirmed shortly before the event.
• To focus on the most relevant needs of humanity and the planet and what architectural research can do for solving them.
• To assess the evolution of architectural research in traditionally matters of interest and the current state of these popular and widespread topics.
• To deepen in the current state and findings of architectural research on subjects akin to post-capitalism and frequently related to equal opportunities and the universal right to personal development and happiness.
• To showcase all kinds of research related to the new and holistic concept of sustainability and to climate emergency.
• To place in the spotlight those ongoing works or available proposals developed by architectural researchers in order to combat the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• To underline the capacity of architectural research to develop resiliency and abilities to adapt itself to changing priorities.
• To highlight architecture’s multidisciplinarity as a melting pot of multiple approaches, points of view and expertise.
• To open new perspectives for architectural research by promoting the development of multidisciplinary and inter-university networks and research groups.
The 3rd Valencia International Biennial of Research in Architecture is open to architects, academics, practitioners, professionals and students with a determination to develop research in architecture or neighboring fields.
For more info, click here.